Apps for International Yoga Day Celebrations: Useful for Participants, Instructors and Organizers
As we all know June 21 is celebrated as International Yoga Day. And there are apps to provide information about yoga events and other related information.
There are two apps namely : Yoga Apps of Ministry of AYUSH
• Yoga Locator App
• Bhuvan Yoga App
Yoga Locator App
Yoga Locator App is an initiative by Ministry of Ayush, Government of India to Promote Yoga.
The app will help to all the beneficiaries :
and Events across the globe.
Key features include:
1) Searching is easy. You can search for trainers, events and yoga centers in your city.
2) If you are a Yoga trainer then you can register in this app.
3). Yoga centers around the world can also register.
4) Submit your feedback for events
5) Registering events for promotional purposes
6) Navigation information to reach Yoga centers, trainers and events.
Bhuvan Yoga App
It’s an existing app and improved now to report all the events/celebrations of International Yoga Day.
The app helps the user to provide information about yoga event in a particular location and it also helps to provide photographs. The app also collects the information about event organizer, participants count, instructor details and place.
There are 3 main tasks in this app
1) Filling event related information
2) Taking photograph(s) of the location (two photos)
3) Sending the collected information to Bhuvan Yoga servers, either immediately or later
Source: http://ayush.gov.in/yoga-apps, and Google Play
Link to app download :