BESCOM – Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited is responsible for Power distribution in Eight districts of Karnataka (Bangalore Urban, Bangalore Rural, Chikkaballapura, Kolar, Davanagere, Tumkur, Chitradurga and Ramanagara). BESCOM covers an area of 41,092 Sq. Kms. with a population of over 207 lakhs.
APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FOR ONE YEAR APPRENTICESHIP
TRAINING FOR GRADUATE ENGINEERS AND 3 YEAR DIPLOMA
HOLDERS IN BESCOM FOR THE YEAR 2019-20.
- Educational Qualification:
a) Engineering Graduates having Degree in Electrical & Electronics, Electronics &
Communication, Computer Science, Information Science, Civil Engineering and
b) 3 year Diploma Holders in Electrical & Electronics, Electronics & Communication and
- Apprenticeship Stipend:
During the training period the candidates are entitled for payment of a stipend of Rs.7000/-
permonth for Graduate Engineers and Rs.5000/- per month for Diploma holders.
- Eligibility Criteria:
• Preference will be given to Electrical & Electronics Candidates both for Graduates and
• The candidates should have knowledge of Kannada reading and writing.
• Preference will be given for Karnataka candidates.
• Candidates should be physically fit.
• During the training period the candidates should make their own arrangement of Boarding
• During the training period the candidates should follow the rules and regulations of
BESCOM. • The Degree or Diploma Certificate obtained should be within three years from the date of this notification.
- • The candidate should have Degree/Diploma certificate or Provisional Degree/Diploma
• The candidate should have passed Degree/Diploma Engineering in the year 2017, 2018
• The Candidates who have already under gone Apprentice Training are not eligible.
• Filled Application should be submitted to Deputy General Manager (Ele.), HRD Center,
BESCOM, Crescent Towers, Crescent Road, near Mallige Nursing home, Race
• The Candidates should clearly mention GRADUATE APPRENTICESHIP or DIPLOMA
APPRENTICESHIP on the Envelope.
- Certificates to be enclosed along with Application:
• Xerox copies of
1) SSLC Markscard attested by Gazetted Officer.
2) PUC Markscard attested by Gazetted Officer.
3) 7th & 8th semester Markscard (Degree holders) and 5th & 6th semester Markscard
(Diploma holders) attested by Gazetted Officer.
4) Degree Certificate/Provisional Degree Certificate attested by Gazetted Officer.
5) Cast Certificate incase of SC and ST Candidate attested by Gazetted Officer.
6) Conduct Certificate attested by Gazetted Officer/VVIP.
7) Recent 3 copies of passport size photos.
8) Self Addressed envelope (4”X9”) with Rs.10/- Postal stamp.
- Selection will be made on the basis of Merit.
- Last Date for Submission of Application
• The Filled Application should reach the O/o. The Deputy General Manager (Ele.,), HRD
Center, BESCOM, Crescent Towers, Crescent Road, Near Mallige Nursing home,
Race Course, Bangalore-560001. On or before 31.08.2019 by 4:00 PM.
• Applications without relevant documents will be rejected.
• Not entitled for any correspondence/Telephone call.
- No. of Apprentices to be engaged:
Graduates – 325 Nos.
Diploma Holders – 75 Nos.
BANGALORE ELECTRICITY SUPPLY COMPANY LIMITED
(Wholly owned by Government of Karnataka undertaking)
Corporate Offi ce, K.R. Circle, Bengaluru – 560001.